[Tutor] permutations?

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 03:19:38 CET 2010

Thanks to everyone for the itertools hint; that sounds like it will work.

Sorry I was not clearer:
1. Order matters; I meant to say that direction does not. That is, 123
is not the same as 213, but 123 is the same as 321 since the second
example is simply a reversal.
2. I am looking for all permutations and subpermutations (if that is a
word) of 1-n where the list must have at least 2, but no more than n,
unique numbers (so 1 is not valid, nor is 1231 since it repeats 1 and
is too long for n=3).
I hope that makes sense. However, hopefully itertools will do it; if I
run into problems I will respond to this email to keep it in the same
thread. Thanks again! Oh, to the person who asked, I have 2.6 and 2.7
installed, with the default being 2.6.

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)