[Tutor] SSH session problems with network devices

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Fri Aug 27 01:40:30 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 9:13 AM,  <davidheiserca at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. No problem. The point is that I have Python programs that normally
> access these devices by telnet to complex tasks. I have to find a way to use
> SSH to replace the telnet in my code.

I actually have no experience with Cisco devices, but the question
that remains to be seen really is; "Why are your Cisco devices
terminating the SSH connection after the first command ?"

This actually might be a terminal or some kind of configuration issue
(if you can normally ssh into your Cisco devices and get a
prompt/terminal). Ssh'ing and executing remote commands might be
interpreted differently by the Cisco ssh/shell/etc.

It might be worth your while looking into this as it'll have nothing
at all to do with Python or Paramiko..

cheers
James

--