[Tutor] continuous running of a method

R. Alan Monroe amonroe at columbus.rr.com
Thu Aug 26 04:27:03 CEST 2010

> Any modern multi-tasking operating system will ensure than a while loop
> doesn't kill your computer's responsiveness. A decent operating system
> will still remain responsive even at 100% CPU usage. Even Windows does
> that!

Opinions vary. If you try this on a laptop, the end user will be quite
annoyed to see their battery drop to zero, their cooling fans go into
overdrive, and to receive first degree burns on their hands and/or
lap.

Busywaiting my cpu makes your program an instant candidate for
immediate deletion. Maybe that's just me :)

Alan