[Tutor] List comprehension for dicts?

Nitin Das nitin.162 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 18:40:48 CEST 2010

result = [i%2 for i in itertools.takewhile(lamda x:i<  10, seq)]
is a good approach but it is taking little more time than the for loop over
iterator.

def takewhile(predicate, iterable):
    # takewhile(lambda x: x<5, [1,4,6,4,1]) --> 1 4
    for x in iterable:
        if predicate(x):
            yield x
        else:
            break

I don't know why? As it seems that this for loop and the other for loop
doing the same thing.

--nitin