[Tutor] question about a exercise.

Roelof Wobben rwobben at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 13:31:24 CEST 2010

Hello,

I follow the online book " How to think like a computer scientist".

But now I have a problem with a exercise.

This is not homework.

The exercise is :

Using a text editor, create a Python script named tryme3.py . Write a function in this file called nine_lines that uses three_lines to print nine blank lines. Now add a function named clear_screen that prints out twenty-five blank lines. The last line of your program should be a call to clear_screen.

So I begin with this code :

def threelines():
    print
    print
    print

print "regel 1"
threelines()
print "regel 2"

But now I get a terminated at line 2 message.

What did I do wrong.

I work on a Win7 machine with python 2.7 and as a editor SPE.

Regards,

Roelof