[Tutor] Executing Python from TCL

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 12 09:39:45 CEST 2010

"Karim" <karim.liateni at free.fr> wrote

> Anyway, you're right I found what I needed at:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/elmer/files/elmer/elmer1.1.5/elmer1.1.5.tar.gz/download
>
> This is the open source Elmer distribution.

OK, glad you found something and I'm sure it will be worth a try.
But I'm pretty sure it will have to embed the Python interpreter
so that the Tcl interpreter will call the python interpreter to
execute
the parser. That could lead to a significant slow down of your code.
If speed is not a high priority you may get away with it. At least
it should prove the concept and design of the app.

But you may still find you need to use a native Tcl parser if speed
is an issue. (Then again, if speed  was a big issue you probably
wouldn't be working in Tcl or even Python!)

HTH

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site