[Tutor] Conflict with encoding in console view and file dump

Alex Baraibar alex.baraibar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 09:09:59 CEST 2010

Hello, Peter.
I checked my sys.stdout.encoding and it prints:

>>> import sys
>>> sys.stdout.encoding
'cp1252'

Sometimes IDLE tells me I'm using characters that might not work
if I don't place this at the beginning of my script:
# -*- coding: cp1252 -*-

Other than that, I have not made any changes to the default installation.

Anyway, the modifications you made seem to work fine, so the problem
appears to be solved.

I just wish I understood better what happened and why. I've looked into
the Unicode section of the official docs, but I probably need to study it
more in order to fully understand it, so...

I appreciate your help, thanx again.