[Tutor] classes passing information

Stefan Lesicnik stefan at lsd.co.za
Wed Apr 21 14:17:49 CEST 2010

Hi Guys,

I'm slowly starting to understand classes coming from basic non oo scripting. I guess the problem comes in that you think you understand, and then look at code and its totally different and confusing.

My question is maybe more generic with functions as opposed to classes, but i've been trying some pyGtk and I am unsure how i get values back from other classes.
Its something like, i have a program.py which has a class and methods.  One of those methods would be create a new dialog which is a class in dialog.py. So i can call that and pass it parameters. The question is, how do i get the result of that dialog back to the calling method?

Im not even sure if this makes sense. I guess im still struggling to understand how to pass parameters around to other methods, methods in other files, and get answers back.

Hope this makes somewhat sense.

Thanks

Stefan