[Tutor] Move all files to top-level directory

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 17:10:42 CEST 2010

On 12 April 2010 17:23, Serdar Tumgoren <zstumgoren at gmail.com> wrote:
>  What fine manual should I be reading? I am not asking for
>>
>> code, rather just a link to the right documentation.
>
> You'll definitely want to explore the os module, part of Python's built-in
> standard library.
>
> http://docs.python.org/library/os.html
> http://docs.python.org/library/os.html#files-and-directories

Thanks, going through there now...

I found these relevant functions:
os.listdir
os.rename
os.removedirs (this looks great, as it is recursive and nondestructive)

> There are a bunch of recipes on ActiveState and elsewhere online that can
> demonstrate how the os methods are used to work with files and directories.
> Some googling for the various method names (eg. os.mkdir ) should turn them
> up.

ActiveState looks like a great resource. Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.