[Tutor] Where to start, running interactive bash script in Qt GUI

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 20:44:12 CEST 2010

On 7 April 2010 21:23, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:

> "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote
>
>> I have an interactive bash script that asks for a password, then
>> connects a remote machine via fuse with the supplied password.
>
>> there a way to wrap a bash script with Python for a GUI, ask for a
>> line of user input, then pass that to the bash script?
>
> Rather than wrap the bash script I'd do the equivalent in Python.
> Pop up a GUI window that captures the password then call fuse directly from
> Python via the subprocess module.

It is more than that, and calls many command-line functions such as
pdftools and imagemagic. I suppose that I could call them all from
Python, but it would be a mess. The bash is very straightforward for
working with command line tools.

> Rather than use Qt I'd use EasyGUI to just pop up an input box. It will be
> much easier.

I am hoping that this will be a stepping stone into bigger Qt
projects, as I am a motivated KDE user.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com