[Tutor] Extracting lines in a file

ranjan das ranjand2005 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 08:16:19 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am new to python, and specially to file handling.

I need to write a program which reads a unique string in a file and
corresponding to the unique string, extracts/reads the n-th line (from the
line in which the unique string occurs).

I say 'n-th line' as I seek a generalized way of doing it.

For instance lets say the unique string is "documentation" (and
"documentation" occurs more than once in the file). Now, on each instance
that the string "documentation" occurs in the file,  I want to read the 25th
line (from the line in which the string "documentation" occurs)

Is there a goto kind of function in python?

Kindly help