[Tutor] web2py vs django

Steve Willoughby steve at alchemy.com
Wed Sep 9 22:18:18 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 08:29:56PM +0100, Alan Gauld wrote:
> But it is confusing, my advice is just pick one and stick with it!

Yeah, that's probably the best advice.  Each framework has its
particular area of applicability it's been optimized for, so
depending on what you plan to do most of the time, you might
want to look at that initially.  Having learned one of the popular
frameworks, though, you probably will just stick to it since
the good ones are usable for lots of application types.

Personally, I started out with TurboGears, and although I found
the others interesting and cool in their own ways, at that point
I had what I needed and it worked well.  I suspect those who
use Pylons or Django or whatever would say the same thing.

--
Steve Willoughby    |  Using billion-dollar satellites
steve at alchemy.com   |  to hunt for Tupperware.