[Tutor] how to use lxml and win32com?

elca highcar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 02:17:02 CET 2009

Alan Gauld wrote:

> "elca" <highcar at gmail.com> wrote
>
>> i want to use IE.navigate function with beautifulsoup or lxml..
>> if anyone know about this  or sample.
>
> the parsers both effectively replace the browser so you
> can't really use any functions of IE to modify soup or lxml.
>
> Why do you want to use navigate()? What are you trying to do?
> There is likely to be another way to do it from Python.
>
> HTH,
>

> --
> Alan Gauld
> Author of the Learn to Program web site
> http://www.alan-g.me.uk/

Hello,
actually im making web scraper.
and scraping is no problem with javascript.
after made scraper, i will add some other function and that time i will
encounter many javascript,
so why i try to use PAMIE or IE
http://elca.pastebin.com/m52e7d8e0
i was attached current scraper script source.
especially  i want to change 'thepage = urllib.urlopen(theurl).read()' to
PAMIE method.
if possible ,you can check it and correct me?
thanks in advance..