[Tutor] Running Python on a Calculator

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 20 09:33:56 CEST 2009

"Corey Richardson" <kb1pkl at aim.com> wrote

> Hey tutors. I have a TI-84 plus, and I am making some math tools, and I
> don't know the native language of the Ti-84, and was wondering, has
> anyone worked with a version of Python that can run on that small of a
> processor?

Never say never but.... The smallest thing I've seen Python run on was
an early Palm Pilot and that was way more powerful than a calculator.
So I doubt if you will find anything.

I don't even know how you would begin, there is no OS as such and
no available compilers with which to build Python on the TI84. The
only folks who could even contemplate doing it would be the peple
who built the calculator in the first place I suspect.

Alan G