[Tutor] PyWin32 - Library of functions to interact with windows?

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Oct 15 10:35:30 CEST 2009

Katt wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am currently using WinXP and python 2.6.2
> I just installed PyWin32 v214 for python 2.6 from the following link:

[... snip lots of advice from other people ...]

Hi, Katt. Thanks for posting back over here. I must admit,
I hadn't realised you were posting to the tutor list when
I answered your question originally. (I subscribe to several
Python lists and they come into the same mailbox). I rather
assumed you were an experienced programmer who just wanted
this snippet of win32 info. I'd have been a bit more explanatory
if I'd realised.

It looks like you've got some useful advice from other people
which will hopefully take you somewhere, but some more general
advice: it's always a good idea to explain what you're trying to
achieve ("I'm trying to write a hangman game which will run in
a console window" or "I want to use a GUI to display the text from
a web page" or whatever) rather than how you think you want to
do it ("How to I position characters at locations on a Console?"
or "How do convert HTML colour codes to Windows colour codes")
It makes it easier for people trying to help to give the right
context to their answers.

Good luck and keep posting back here with questions if you
have them

TJG