[Tutor] Switching to other version of Python

Wayne srilyk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 22:45:02 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Corey Richardson <kb1pkl at aim.com> wrote:

> My school has python 2.4. I have python 2.6, and I find it perfectly
> wonderful. However, I am contemplating the switch, and am wondering, what is
> your personal opinion on why or why not to use 3.x?

Few 3rd party modules have been ported to 3.x

If you're using the standard bits-n-pieces, and have no desire to use
anything else... there's probably no reason to hold off on learning 3.x

I'm waiting around for a few more modules & things to be ported over. I'll
probably start looking a bit more aggressively come summer of '10.

HTH,
Wayne