[Tutor] What language should I learn after Python?

Serdar Tumgoren zstumgoren at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 14:57:44 CEST 2009

And in case you hadn't heard enough suggestions yet, here's something
I just stumbled into this morning:

Programming Paradigms for Dummies, by Peter Norvig
http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/3465

Here's a portion of the soundbite from the website (where you can
download the PDF):

"This chapter gives an introduction to all the main programming
paradigms, their underlying concepts, and the relationships between
them. We give a broad view to help programmers choose the right
concepts they need to solve the problems at hand. We give a taxonomy
of almost 30 useful programming paradigms and how they are related.
Most of them differ only in one or a few concepts, but this can make a
world of difference in programming."

Having skimmed a few pages, I'm not sure I'd say this is your average
"Dummies" book, but it appears to provide a bird's eye view of how
different languages are geared to solve different kinds of problems.
Might bring the landscape into sharper relief before you settle on
that next language.

HTH!

Serdar