[Tutor] What language should I learn after Python?

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 00:09:15 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Mark Young <marky1991 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm now fairly familiar with Python, so I'm thinking about starting to
> learn a second programming language. The problem is, I don't know which to
> learn. I want a language that will be good for me to learn, but is not so
> different from python that I will be totally confused.

May I suggest (some dialect of) SQL?  It _is_ quite different from Python,
but learning it will familiarise you with some concepts that will be very
useful if you want to use your Python skillz in a data-driven application.
 It's true that you can use Python modules to interface with databases, and
maybe never write more than a line or two of real SQL - but those modules
are a lot easier to understand if you know what they're doing under the
hood.

--
www.fsrtechnologies.com