[Tutor] Using command line tool with python script

Oleg Oltar oltarasenko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 16:22:43 CEST 2009

Hi!

I want to try to use a command line script with my python application. The
task is the following, my database stores some initial data for the script
and
I need to execute a command line application in a following way:

$ application -parameter1 -file1

where file 1 is a file which contains my initial data, and parameter1 is
unrelated parameter

the workflow as I see it know is following

initial_data = get_initial_data_from_db()
file = open('temp.txt', 'w+')
file.write(initial_data)
file.save()
os.popen4("application -parameter1 -file temp.txt")

I wonder if that possible to execute this script (called application)
without writing the file with initial data to the hard disk?

Thanks,
Oleg