[Tutor] module name completion suggestions drop down?

Kristin Wilcox wilcoxwork at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 22:11:00 CET 2009

Hello,

I was wondering about something I've seen in people's video tutorials
-- these people are using IDLE like I am, but they get these drop down
suggestions for module names that I'm not experiencing.

The user starts typing a built-in method and suggestions of possible
methods that start with those characters drop down at their cursor.
The user is not in the Shell - they're in the edit window thingy.

I have attached a screen print showing what I'm talking about, in case
I'm describing this too vaguely.

Do any of you know something about this --> Is there a setting I don't
have switched on? Or is there something I can download? I've done a
bunch of google searches, but came up empty. (possibly I just don't
know the right terminology to search for)

FYI: I am running Windows XP, and have python 2.6 and 3.1 installed,
with wxPython installed on 2.6

Thanks for your help!
-kris