[Tutor] Stolen thread: Bottom folk vs. toppers was trouble using 2to3.py

Robert Berman bermanrl at cfl.rr.com
Tue Nov 3 22:12:30 CET 2009

The war between bottom posters and top posters has been long, arduous,
and most often incredibly silly. There have been written group rules
mandating one over the other. Oft times these rules have doomed the
group.

I have used both approaches most often favoring top posting only because
my mail program is set to reply from the top. True, it can be set to
reply from the bottom and I can pick and choose as I see fit, but I
usually let the program dictate.

The reality is, bottom posters are not blessed by god and top posters
are not bottom feeders.

I simply propose that the only requirement to communications here is
that replies and questions be well formulated, courteous, and reasonably
intelligent. We are not 'Facebooks' and we hopefully do not condone cute
rudeness and sophmoric attempts at vast intellect.

I must say that the answers to my questions have almost always been
incredibly well constructed  and concisely and clearly presented. I
almost never notice their placement within the post.

If there are going to be arguments pertaining to the posts, let them be
over content and not placement.

Thanks to all who participate in this group.

Robert Berman