[Tutor] Docking Windows using Python

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Sat May 30 04:29:49 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Hi <haztang17 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My program will have two windows. I want to be able to dock the two so they
> are side by side. I am wondering if this is doable in Python. If so, could
> someone lead me to the right direction on where to look? Thank you very
> much.

I think you could really use any GUI - it really all depends on how you want
to do it. I'm not 100% sure about having two windows with Tkinter. But you
could fairly easily (I think) hide copies of widgets inside the main window
and show them only after the second window is docked, then hide that window.

There are probably plenty of other ways to do it, that's just the first that
popped into my mind with my limited knowledge.

HTH,
Wayne