[Tutor] A few very basic questions

M Tramp mysterytramp at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 03:57:25 CEST 2009

Alan Gauld:

Have you installed pygtk?

You need both pygtk and gtk.
The former uses the latter.

Alan G
<<<

Yes. It is. I went back and installed more. Fink Commander lists 35 files with "gtk" -- five already were. (gtk+,
gtk+-data, gtk+-shlibs, pygtk and pygtk-py23) I went back and found gtk+2 (including -dev and -shlibs). The
source file has a line about importing "glade" from gtk so I finkcommandered those files too.

Still I get the error: "No module named gtk"

So I'm back to -- or nearly so -- my original question. Where on my hard drive should these libraries reside?
I've downloaded hundreds of megabytes by now; I'm suspecting this is a path problem within Eclipse, but the
project's properties have paths to all the prime suspects.

mt