[Tutor] text editor and debugger for python

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Tue Mar 24 23:21:12 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:08:51AM +0100, Bala subramanian wrote:
> Friends,
>
> I do the scripting in Linux. I use vi editor to code. It is not very
> convenient for me. Kindly suggest me a best free *text editor* ( i can code
> and debug the code simultaneously ) *for python* based on your experience.

If you are looking for an IDE, you may want to look at Eric.

    http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/index.html

On Ubuntu it's installable with one of the apt tools or a package
manager.

There is also kdevelop.

For a text editor, you may also want to look at Jed, emacs, Kate,
Joe, ...  They are all installable on Ubuntu Debian GNU/Linux.

- Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman
http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman