[Tutor] Paython as a career

Jeff Johnson jeff at dcsoftware.com
Tue Mar 17 19:51:36 CET 2009

Lukes answer is an excellent one!  I would add that you can find
language popularity here:

http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

I am moving to Python from Visual FoxPro.  I have been programming all
of my adult career.  I have used Cobol, RPG, Basic, FoxPro and Python
all in production to make my living.  I have been using FoxPro for 16
years and really love it, but find Python the most complete language.
You don't need active X or third party libraries because they are all
there and written Python.

My success as a programmer has little to do with the language or even
how well I program.  It has more to do with my ability to understand the
problem and communicate with customers or my employer.

Good luck

--
Jeff

Jeff Johnson