[Tutor] best gui for the job?

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 18:29:16 CET 2009

Hi,

What is the best gui to implement a simple paint-esque program in?

I already built a really simple one in Tkinter - but Tkinter lacks a
save functionality. I considered using the PIL to draw in the
background, but it didn't seem to have a good enough resolution. I
thought about pyGTK because I have some familiarity with that, but I
can't find any examples of saving a drawingarea.

Also, to clarify what I mean by "best" - I want it to be fairly simple
to implement (my non-saving sketch in a single color/size is about 100
lines), yet extensible - I'd like the ability to further enhance my
program down the road. Changing the opacity, and the possibility to
work with layers is a plus.

If anyone has tips or knows of any tutorials (I haven't really been
able to find anything suitable), please let me know.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Wayne

--
To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being
called gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: