[Tutor] Misunderstanding the Entry Widget

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 8 20:00:17 CET 2009

"Alan Gauld" <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote

> I think Tkinter needs an update too, there seem to be quite a few
> new Tk widgets that are not available in Tkinter... or is it just
> that
> they are not documented? I must have a poke around in v2.5...

I spoke too soon, its just the documentation needs an update the
newer widgets are supported - at least paned window and Spinbox
are, I didn't try any others. But you will need to look in the Tcl/Tk
docs
to find out how to use them!

Here is the best site I know. It doesn't give Tkinter examples
but does give Perl examples, which are pretty similar in style.

http://www.tkdocs.com/tutorial/morewidgets.htm

It also looks like we will get the new themed widgets in Python 2.7
and 3.1 which means Tkinter will no longer be the ugly duckling
of Python GUI toolkits! Hooray! :-)

HTH,

--
Alan G