[Tutor] wxPython vs PyQt

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 4 20:37:55 CET 2009

"Neven Gorsic" <neven.gorsic at gmail.com> wrote

> I read also that none of them are even near as good as Delphi or VB.
> Is it
> really so?

I had a look around various GUII building tools for wxPython but
none of them were near Delphi/VB standard. I've never used pyQT
or even vanilla Qt so the idea of learning yet another GUI toolkit
kept me away from  that.

FWIW The only Gui builder I got to work even half way
decently was the one in SPE. But in practice I still just
hand crank them... Its really not that much harder for the
small scale stuff I do. If I had a big GUI project I suspect
I'd build it in Delphi and call out to Python using COM
or somesuch.

Alan G.