[Tutor] [Edited] Plug-in enabled Program

Daniele d.conca at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:07:12 CET 2009

Thank you Alan, that's what I wanted :)
I've understood the idea, and I'll investigate it. The only doubt I
have is how to adapt it to multiple plugins related to the same
interface.
Let's say my program downloads a file from a url and saves it in a
local directory.
One plugin could be written to add a prefix to the file name and
another one to make the filename all-caps.
In this case the same interface (let's call it "ManageFileName")
should be used twice (or, in general, many times), and it's not simple
to decide a priori how to merge the two actions. This lets me think
about decorators, is that a possibility?
Each user could write it's own decorator to the "setFileName()" method
and the program will use them together.
As I don't know decorators in python at all, I'm not sure this could
work out, but it could be a nice push to start learning :)