[Tutor] gui

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 10 00:35:04 CEST 2009

"Essah Mitges" <e_mitges at hotmail.com> wrote

> What I am trying to do is using a pygame window I want
> to list the contents of a text call high_score.txt in that window

Have you tried asking on the PyGame forums/mailing lists?
I'm sure such things exist. This forum is for general Ptython
programming, specifically for learners. While we are happy
to try to help I don't know that we have many pygame experts
here.

> The second thing I am trying to do is initiate my game also
> made in pygame to start off a button that a programmed
> called Destruction.py

I have no idea how pygame works for buildng GUIs but usually
you tie a button to a python function not a program. Are you
sure that is not what you should be doing?

> The error was what had happened was that the module
> i made for pygame is not initiating my game properly

The other error you made was posting unreadable emails to
the list. We are keen to help where we can but don't force
us to manually unpick a steam of text. Please senmd plain text
- your email system should have a setting to allow that.

> On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 17:41 -0400, Essah Mitges wrote:
>> I was wondering in a python made in pyg4m3 menu how to initialize
>> another pyg4m3 Destruction.py from a button in the event handler this
>> is the error i keep getting Traceback (most recent call last):   File
>> "C:\Users\John Doe\Desktop\Destruction\back.py", line 47, in <module>
>> main()   File "C:\Users\John Doe\Desktop\Destruction\back.py", line
>> 37, in main     elif sbut.clicked(k.pos):   File "C:\Users\John Doe
>> \Desktop\WODDS\but.py", line 200, in clicked
>> subprocess.Popen(["Destruction", "Destruction.py"])   File "C:
>> \Python26\lib\subprocess.py", line 595, in __init__     errread,
>> errwrite)   File "C:\Python26\lib\subprocess.py", line 804, in
>> _execute_child     startupinfo) WindowsError: [Error 2] The system
>> cannot find the file specified Also  could anyone help me to display
>> the contents of a text file in a pyg4m3 window

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site