[Tutor] curve fitting

Eike Welk eike.welk at gmx.net
Wed Jul 29 15:42:31 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 29 July 2009, Bala subramanian wrote:
> Friends,
>
> I wish to do some curve fitting with python by defining my own
> equations. Could someone please give some guidance or examples on
> doing the same.

You can use the Numpy/Scipy libraries for that. I think they have
examples for curve fitting on their website. But unfortunately the
website is down (or my Internet is broken).

http://www.scipy.org/

There are also special mailing lists for Numpy/Scipy/Matplotlib users,
to which you should subscribe. This one would be good for your
question: