[Tutor] How to use Python 2.6 with IDLE?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 27 18:32:39 CEST 2009

"Dick Moores" <rdmoores at gmail.com> wrote

>> I suggest you have to change the association of *.pyw files to the
>> program, which is used to 'open' it.
>>
> Yes! After I did that, now when I call
> E:\Python26\Lib\idlelib\idle.pyw the IDLE that opens uses 2.62.
>
> But I also want to use Ulipad, actually my main Python editor. When I
> call E:\Programs\Ulipad3.7\UliPad.pyw (by clicking on it in Explorer),
> Ulipad no longer opens. Before I made the change you suggested, at
> least Ulipad would open using 2.51. What can I do to use both IDLE and
> Ulipad with 2.62?

What I do for these things is create a shortcut which specifies
the full path to the interpreter and to the pyw file. I also set the
working foldeer to wherever is most appropriate - usually my
project folder. That's fairly bulletproof in my experience!

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site