[Tutor] First code snipet

Wayne srilyk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 05:52:04 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Darth Kaboda <darthkaboda at msn.com> wrote:

>  I'm starting to learn Python as it seems to be adopted by many companies
> that I've been looking to apply to. I used the book Learning Phython to get
> the basics of the language and many of the gotcha's. I think I know enough
> of the basic features of the language to start playing around and can
> understand most code I've seen so far by looking at some of the posts here.
>
> The one worry I have is not coding things the Phython way as I've been a
> Visual Basic programmer for so long and a C++ programmer before that. So
> would like to have people look at a simplistic class (shuffles lists of
> objects wrote it for shuffling cards but with Phython could be used for any
> "list" type object) I wrote to give me some feedback on the style of it.
>
> Any feedback is appreciated.

There's a spot in your code that could be turned into a function. I'm not
sure what you'd call it, but where you "lay down" 1-4 cards. Since you're
doing the same thing for each stack, you may as well turn it into a function
and just call it for each stack.

Pretty cool idea for something to do, though.

-Wayne