[Tutor] Fwd: The why

Rich Lovely roadierich at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 16 04:34:48 CEST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: chris Hynes <cjhynes36 at hotmail.com>
Date: 2009/7/15
Subject: The why
To: roadierich at googlemail.com

Well, I'm trying to create an interactive program, let's say I'm
running the program, I ask the user to give the array a name, I then
do some computations and store the results in that array. While I'm
still running the program I might decide to create several more arrays
of the same type/dimension with names of my choosing same types of
computation. When I'm done, I might have several arrays created, all
with different names that I have given them. In the ipython mode I
could call up any of these arrays off and on again as I want to
visually compare them to each other.

I mean I guess what I could do is go back to my code, name the array
Chris, let a calculation use x=2, save, run the program, go back in to
the code, edit it so that the array is named Bob along with changing
x=3, save, run the program a second time. When I'm done I'll now have
two arrays, one named Chris the other Bob with different results
because I changed some other input paramenters.

I just now thought of maybe making one huge array, storing all the
results of x=2 and use a conditional satement like if x=2, then name
was Chris. But it would be so much easier if I could type print Chris
or print Bob and it woulds spit out what those arrays were.