[Tutor] mac os x executable

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Tue Jul 7 18:54:14 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009, Pete Froslie wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm having trouble finding good tutorials on creating standalone executable
>files for mac os x.. I've been looking at 'py2app', but can't seem get a
>solid grasp. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

For a python script, say mypython.py, it should start with
something like this:

#!/usr/bin/env python
# do stuff here

Then ``chmod +x mypython.py'' and it's ready to go.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

There has been no greater threat to life, liberty, and property
throughout the ages than government. Even the most violent and brutal
private individuals have been able to inflict only a mere fraction of
the harm and destruction that have been caused by the use of power by
political authorities. -- Richard Ebeling