[Tutor] Want to write a Perl based IP to Domain Name converter.

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 23:42:50 CET 2009

>> >  This is a Python list, not Perl!
>>
>> OMG!  It's my mistake, sorry for this.
>
> Lol..thats okay. Now that you are here and have seen what fun we have
> writing Python code - why not join the party?
>
> Don't be shy to join us :p - i bet you won't be sorry.

well, he had to join Tutor to post, unless a mod allowed his msg, so
there should be *some* interest in doing it in Python. after all, the
equivalent code is already slightly shorter and easier to read than
the Perl version...

import socket
import sys

for hp in sys.argv[1:]:
    h, p = hp.strip().split(':')
    print '%s -> %s:%s' % (hp, socket.gethostbyname(h), p)

cheers,
-- wesley
"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
    http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com