[Tutor] IDLE vs PythonWin

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 17:15:48 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Wayne Watson
<sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

>  Hi, sorry, but I have no idea what vim is, let alone how to use any of the
> features. I'd still like to know why pythonwin prints almost completely
> blank pages. vim=vi(m), linux??

VIM = Vi IMproved = vim +- vi. Basically, vim is just an upgraded vi.
Available at www.vim.org - it's "just" a text editor (that happens to be
phenomenally powerful and the vi(m) disciples have waged holy wars against
the followers of emacs since the beginning of time... or at least since vi
and emacs got popular. It's not too unlike Israel vs. Palestine. The best
way to avoid bad feelings is to agree that each person prefers a different
belief system and move on to the awesome stuff like actually programming ;)
) that certain people prefer because of its ability to be customized to fit
ones needs and wants. If you are interested in learning vim theres a vim
tutor that comes with your install of vim (available on Windows, Mac, and
Unix systems).

When it comes to the pythonwin problem, I'm almost completely inexperienced.
If you have the ability to "print to pdf" that's an inexpensive way to try
and troubleshoot. You can also take a look at the print preview.

HTH,
Wayne