[Tutor] Customizing Eclipse text editor

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 23 15:00:02 CET 2009

"spir" <denis.spir at free.fr> wrote

> There should be some research done on this topic. After all,
> it's a relevant aspect of all programmers' everyday life, no?

I suspect there has been - just not in our field.

The reason I changed the colours on my web tutor about a year
ago was because one of my users who was a graphics designer
chided me for the use of contrasting colours. It is apparently
easier to read something if all the colours on a page are from
the same family - different shades of red say. Contrasting colours
clash and so should only be used where you want to draw attention
away from the main text.

I'm no expert but he sounded like he knew what he was talking
about and the end result pleases me so I stuck with it! :-)

Alan G.