[Tutor] Question about pygame/tkinter interaction

Steve Willoughby steve at alchemy.com
Tue Jan 20 00:46:27 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 05:30:01PM -0500, Kent Johnson wrote:
> My guess is that pygame and Tkinter are both going to want to control
> the event loop. Googling 'pygame tkinter' gives both hints that it
> might be possible and hints of trouble...

Yeah, I was thinking that, but since what I saw up until the point
I asked the list was that for pygame you seem to write your own
event loop, like

while True:
  handle_event_myself(pygame.event.get())

whereas Tkinter wants you to just hand it control and let your
program flow disappear into that black box entirely, until it
pokes callbacks at you, I thought... "Well, maybe..."

--
Steve Willoughby    |  Using billion-dollar satellites
steve at alchemy.com   |  to hunt for Tupperware.