[Tutor] Wayne's waning list.

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 5 19:33:46 CET 2009

"WM." <wferguson1 at socal.rr.com> wrote

> As a BASIC, hobby programmer, (long since), I get so jargonized here
> that I seldom ask about anything any more.

Have you tried my tutorial, it compares VBScript (somewhat like BASIC)
with Python. It might help.

> gleaned from reading many, many posts is the URL for projecteuler.
> Maybe, after I get past the baby steps and start using the
> libraries, I will benefit more.  Now, the opaque questions and
> bewildering responses leave me in a very passive state.

As somebody else said we cover everything from newbies to programming
through to experts ion other languages whjo are new to Python and even
some experts(ish) in Python who are new to a specific area(like GUI or
web programming)

As a result the questions range from the trivial to the esoteric.

If you think you should know whats being discussed don't be afraid to
jump in and ask for clarification in plain English. Either in the same
thread or if its looking like a biggie as a separate thread.

We aim to help and a background in BASIC should help not hinder! :-)

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site