[Tutor] Help with a simple problem

Saad Javed sbjaved at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 17:39:30 CET 2009

The bold was intentional. I was trying to get a shell command (wvdial) to
run when a button is pressed. The error I get is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "testgui.py", line 26, in <module>
    testgui = TestGui()
  File "testgui.py", line 19, in __init__
    self.connect(dial, QtCore.SIGNAL('clicked()'), QtGui.qApp,
QtCore.SLOT(os.system('wvdial')))
TypeError: argument 1 of SLOT() has an invalid type

Was that helpful?