[Tutor] new print statement + time module

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 28 18:25:31 CET 2009

"George Wahid" <geoterium at gmail.com> wrote

> Thanks for the answers. I didn't have this problem with python 2.5.
> know I can use stdout instead, but I want to know what I'm doing
> wrong.

You aren't doing anything wrong. The print function writes to
sys.stdout.
sys.stdout is a buffered file which means it doesn''t write to its
output
immediately but waits until enough data is in its buffer to make it
worthwhile - or until explicitly told to flush itself.

Because you are trying to write only one character at a time it's not
enough to make stdout write so you need to explicitly flush() it.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site