[Tutor] setting PYTHONPATH on mac

Valdemaras Jonikas valdemaras.jonikas at mac.com
Fri Feb 27 05:45:07 CET 2009

>> how does one go about setting a PYTHON path environment variable on
>> Mac OS X 10.4?
>
>i set up my .profile in the Terminal.app (UNIX) with a text file with
>the following line:
>PATH=$PATH:/Applications/Autodesk/maya8.5/Maya.app/Contents/bin

You should do more or less the same -- edit .bash_profile file and add these lines (replace [...] with actual path):

PATH="[/absolute/path/to/folder/you/want]:${PATH}"
export PATH

Please note that if you add your new directory at the end of PATH (as in your example), then this new directory will be searched for executables last. In my example, when you add new directory at the beginning, this new new directory will be searched first.
This could be useful if you have several version of Python on you computer.

Good luck,
Valdas