[Tutor] Add readline capabilities to a Python build 2.6 on Ubuntu

Eric Dorsey dorseye at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 06:23:01 CET 2009

Thanks for all your continued insights on this. I'm going to investigate the
.configure log, as well as look around at other readline packages.. But,
noob question, did you just go into something like synaptic to find out what
readline type packages are installed? (Sorry if this is annoying anyone on
the list, but its all in the name of getting the Python inerpreter to be
happy !) Or did you do some kind of command line aptitude "list out readine
stuff"?