[Tutor] Detecting wx

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 13 01:18:50 CET 2009

"Ricardo Aráoz" <ricaraoz at gmail.com> wrote

> wx shell I want to establish a wx app. But if I'm in pythonWin

I didn't think pythonwin was a wx application. I believe it's written
in pure Windows, using the pywin extensions on top of Scintilla.

But that aside I'd be interested in the answer to this one.

> there is a way in which I can detect if there is a wx event loop
> running
> in my environment?

I've never actually had any problems with wxPython from inside
any of the IDEs but I'm not sure I've actually tried because I
just habitually test all GUIs outside the IDE.

Alan G