[Tutor] Simple PassGen

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Tue Feb 10 16:26:54 CET 2009

Lie,

>> Here's what I get:

>> 3 4

> Are you sure it isn't python 3.x you're playing with? The reason why simple print function "works" in python 2.x is because of a syntactical
coincidence, it is still a 100% statement.

Yes, I'm sure :) I restarted IDLE and pasted my session output below:

<quote>

Python 2.6.1 (r261:67517, Dec  4 2008, 16:51:00) [MSC v.1500 32 bit
(Intel)] on win32

    Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE
    makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback
    interface.  This connection is not visible on any external
    interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet.

IDLE 2.6.1
>>> from __future__ import print_function
>>> print( 3, 4 )
3 4

</quote>

Malcolm