[Tutor] passing unknown no of arguments

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 5 19:02:44 CET 2009

"Kent Johnson" <kent37 at tds.net> wrote

>> in your browser. The only reliable way to run code in a browser is
>> to use JavaScript.
>
> AFAIK MS Silverlight allows you to run .NET languages in your
> browser,

But how many browsers currently support Silverlight?
After all IE supports VBScript too but its the only one.
Eventually Silverlight may become ubiquitous but for
now the only *reliable* way to write client code is JavaScript.

> Flash runs ActionScript.

Flash is a valid point although somewhat limited in practice - I
wouldn't
want to write a general purpose app in Actionscript!

Also the point made about a Jython applet is good too.
That might in fact be the best route to Python in a browser.
Although Java applets seem to have fallen out of favour lately...

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site