[Tutor] Parsing suggestion? (CUE file)

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Tue Feb 3 23:36:41 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Terry Carroll <carroll at tjc.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Kent Johnson wrote:
>
>> I would look at pyparsing for that, and make sure cuetools won't do
>> what you want.
>
> csv seems to be working well for me, and it's a standard piece of Python,
> which I prefer to use.  I don't think I'm twisting it out of its intended
> useh: despite its name, it's really about splitting up uniform delimited
> input lines.  The ability to use other delimeters and to trim the
> left-padding seems consistent with my use of it.

I think your use of the csv module is fine. What I really meant to say
was more like, I would have looked to pyparsing to solve the same
problem, and if you want a parser that parses the file into meaningful
records, then it might still be worth a look. If we talk about it
enough, maybe Paul McGuire will contribute the parser :-)

Kent