[Tutor] Parsing suggestion? (CUE file)

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Tue Feb 3 20:55:59 CET 2009

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Terry Carroll wrote:

> I am parsing certai

Sorry about that.  I was composing this message last night when my
Internet connection went down.  When I logged on this morning, I had a
partial message.  I meant to cancel but unfortunately, in pine, the SEND
key (CTRL-X) is adjacent to the CANCEL key (CTRL-C), and I hit the wrong
one.

The silver cloud to my temporary Internet outage was that I was able to
solve my problem, in the process discovering that the csv module can parse
a CUE file[1] quite nicely if you set up an appropriate csv.Dialect class.

"Comma Separated Values"; it's not just for commas any more.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cue_file