[Tutor] What books do you recommend?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 10 23:24:53 CET 2009

"Becky Mcquilling" <ladymcse2000 at gmail.com> wrote

> Good points.  I guess being as new as I am I'm not always sure of the
> obvious way to do something or what I think is right,

One thing to remember is that it is always subjective.
There is no such thing as an absolute "right way to do it"
There are too many factors and virtually all solutions reflect
a set of compromises by the designer

> But others may not find this useful.  I admit that learning this stuff
> does
> not come particularly easy to me,

Its not easy to learn a new way of thinking and thats essentially
what programming is.  Some people will always find it easier
and some harder but it is fundamentally a challenging activity
for everyone - and that's part of what makes it fun!

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site